This chapter contains some of the most important topics of the exam. Here are the topics that you must know from this chapter.
Financial planning is the process of creating a detailed and comprehensive plan of action to meet financial goals. Throughout this process, the individual outlines the steps and takes the necessary actions to achieve their finance-related goals.
Financial Planning Cycle
The financial planning lifecycle outlines the six primary stages of an individual’s life. This details the necessary financial focus and goal of each stage. This lifecycle shows the financial progression and accumulation of wealth over a standard person’s life.
Financial Planning Cycle – Six Stages
Six stages of the personal financial lifecycle:
- Stage 1: Single
- Stage 2: Single or Married – No Children
- Stage 3: Single or Married – With Children
- Stage 4: Single or Married – Children in College
- Stage 5: Empty Nest – Kids Move Out
- Stage 6: Retirement
Financial Planning Process – Seven Steps
The financial planning process is the procedure used to analyze an individual’s financial state, set financial goals, and develop a plan to meet financial goals. This is a seven-step process:
- Step 1: Set Goals and Priority
- Step 2: Collect Financial Data
- Step 3: Analyze Financial Data
- Step 4: Analyze Financial Strategies
- Step 5: Create Financial Plan
- Step 6: Implement Financial Plan
- Step 7: Monitor Plan and Revise