CPCU® Conferment Ceremony Requirements
Before we dive into signing up for the CPCU® Conferment Ceremony, let’s first make sure you qualify for this year’s conferment. To be recognized as part of this year’s conferment class, you must:
- Pass all CPCU®exams by June 15
- Complete Ethics 312
- Have worked in the insurance industry for a minimum of 24 months
- Submit the Institutes online matriculation form by June 30 and pay the $75 fee. You can access the matriculation form by logging into your Institutes account, going to the “Learning resources” tab and clicking “CPCU® Matriculation”.
- Register with the CPCU®society and pay the 2018 dues (new CPCU’s® can register for half price)
- Register for the CPCU® society’s annual meeting.
Please note, AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or the CPCU® Society. AssociatePI is an independent company that is not endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to help you register for your conferment ceremony.
What is the Matriculation Form?
The matriculation form is an online form to confirm that you have completed all of the requirements to be a CPCU®. This form consists of 3 sections; you must meet the requirements of each section to be eligible to attend the CPCU® conferment ceremony:
- Section A: Experience– you must answer if you have engaged for a minimum of 17 1/2 hours per week in insurance activities for 24 months during the most recent five years.
- Section B: Declarations– you must answer a couple questions about if you have been disciplined in court or in business within the last five years.
- Section C: Declaration of intent– you must answer a couple questions about your intentions to abide by the CPCU® code of ethics and agree to continue in good standing as a CPCU®
How to Submit the Matriculation Form?
To submit the matriculation form, login to your account at The Institutes, click the “Learning Resources” tab and then select the “CPCU® Matriculation” option.
How to Sign Up for the CPCU® Conferment Ceremony?
The CPCU® conferment is a ceremony hosted by the CPCU® society to recognize new CPCU® graduates. This conferment is held on the first day of the CPCU® society’s annual meeting.
Three steps to sign up for the CPCU® society’s annual meeting:
- Step 1: Sign-in to the CPCU® society – login at the CPCU® Use the same email that you use for your Institutes account. You should have an account already set up for you. Either select “Forgot password” to get a new password or try using “Password” as the password to sign-in.
- Step 2: Pay the 2018 dues– once logged in, navigate to the registration page to register as a CPCU® As a new CPCU® member, the price is reduced to $100.
- Step 3: Register for the CPCU®society’s annual meeting – once you’re registered as a CPCU® society member, go to this link to register for the 2018 CPCU® conferment ceremony. And that’s it! You’re all registered!
Please note, AssociatePI is not affiliated with The CPCU® Society. The above links are intended for your informational purposes only, to help you attend your conferment ceremony.
Upcoming CPCU® Conferment Ceremonies
Not going to complete your CPCU® in time for the conferment ceremony? Not to worry! The CPCU® Society holds a conferment ceremony each year for new CPCU’s®. See where next year’s CPCU® Conferment Ceremony will be held:
- 2016 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2017 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2018 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2019 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2020 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
What is the Conferment Ceremony?
The CPCU® conferment is a ceremony held each year to recognize new CPCU® graduates. This conferment is held on the first day of the CPCU® society’s annual meeting.
The CPCU® society’s annual meeting is a four-day conference; all CPCU’s® are invited to attend to listen to industry leaders present on pressing topics in the property casualty industry. This is a great opportunity to meet other CPCU’s® and learn from industry leaders.
Free Practice Exam
Ready to get started studying? We’re here to help (for free). Download one of our free CPCU® practice exams to get a feel for the type of content you will be studying.
[button url=”https://associatepi.com/practice-exam-download-blog/” class=”blue” bg=”” hover_bg=”” size=”0px” color=”white” radius=”0px” width=”0px” height=”0px” target=”_self”] Download: Free CPCU® Practice Exam [/button]
For more information about the CPCU® designation checkout some of our other free resources:
- CPCU® Designation Overview
- CPCU® Designation Salary
- CPCU® Cost
- CPCU® Exam Pass Rates
- CPCU® Cost Reducing Tips
CPCU® exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the CPCU® designation.
CPCU® and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.