CPCU® 530 EXAM
Everything you need to pass your exam.
CLICK HERE - JUMP TO TOPIC
FREE CPCU® 530 PRACTICE EXAM
With This Download You Get:
- Free Practice Exam - with questions formatted exactly like the real exam.
- Free Study Guide - ensuring you focus on the most important topics.
- Free Chapter - access to the entire chapter one of the course.
- Definitions - a list of the most important definitions that you must know for this exam (the most important part of the 530 exam, there are 600+ legal definitions required for this exam).
- 10 Steps To Pass - our 10 step process to study, focus on the most difficult topics, and pass.
- Other resources - free access to other resources including our breakdown of the most important topics and most difficult part of the exam.
CPCU® 530 STUDY MATERIAL
Full Course Includes:
- COMPLETE ONLINE COURSE - covers everything that will be on the CPCU® 530 exam. Designed for faster, easier studying. Completely online and downloadable as a PDF for those that would rather print a physical copy of the course.
- FILL IN THE BLANK STUDY GUIDE - designed to ensure you take notes on the most important topics.
- DEFINITIONS - a section for each chapter to review definitions, the most important aspect of the CPCU® 530 exam (there are 600+ legal definitions required for this exam).
- 350+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS - quiz questions for each topic of the CPCU® 530 exam to ensure you grasp the main concepts.
- QUIZ EXPLANATION – detailed explanation about the correct answer for every quiz question.
- 2 COMPLETE PRACTICE EXAMS - 85 questions each, formatted exactly like the actual CPCU® 530 exam (with the same number of exam questions) to give you a "real exam" feel.
- CPCU® INSIGHT - course includes our insight detailing what to expect from each chapter on the CPCU® 530 exam, detailed answer explanation of each quiz question, and our personal email support to provide advice on any question or exam topic.
- MOBILE APP - download the AssociatePI mobile App and study on the go! Perfect for your commute to work.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - pass with our Comprehensive Course or your full money back, guaranteed.
- 99% SUCCESS RATE - we have helped thousands of students pass their CPCU® exams. In that time, only a few students have failed.
Don't need the full course?
Checkout our practice exam course! Includes all of the same practice questions as our full course. Click the button below to get started studying.
ABOUT CPCU® 530 EXAM
The CPCU® 530 exam is the third CPCU® exam in a series of eight required exams to complete your CPCU® designation. This exam consists of 85 multiple choice questions broken up into two sections, part A and part B.
- Part A: Concept questions – The first section of the exam will be approximately 55 concept questions; these questions will test your understanding of a definition or topic. The multiple-choice answers will generally provide 2 or 3 partially correct answers and one “best” answer.
- Part B: Case questions – The second section of the exam will be approximately 30 case questions; these questions will require you to apply your knowledge to a specific scenario or event. You will be given a real-life scenario; your job will be to select the best recommendation to solve the given scenario.
For more info about what to expect on the exam, see our blog about the CPCU® 530 Exam Format.
CPCU® 530 DIFFICULTY
According to nationally published CPCU® pass rates, the CPCU® 530 has one of the lowest success rates out of all the CPCU® exams. The pass rate is typically around a 72% pass ratio. The numbers don’t lie! In my opinion, the CPCU® 530 was one of the toughest of all the CPCU® exams. For my non-lawyer brain, the CPCU® 530 content just didn’t click. It took a lot of reading and re-reading to drill down the complex legal concepts.
The CPCU® 530 exam focuses on business law topics, including: contract law, commercial law, property law, tort law and agency law. The reason this exam is tougher than most is because we’re insurance professionals, not lawyers! The questions are based on definitions and legal concepts, each with minor details and stipulations. Now definition based sounds easy, anyone can memorize a couple definitions, but the reason the 530 is so hard is because you’ve probably never heard of these definitions before and each statute has a million stipulations and minor details.
The hardest part of the CPCU® 530 will be memorizing each statute, definition, and concept. There’s a LOT to memorize. We have personally reviewed the content and counted over 600 legal definitions that you need to be familiar with for this exam. Almost every single question on the CPCU® 530 exam will be based on some type of definition, there really isn’t any analytical questions on the 530. Focus first on memorizing the definition, then memorize the minor differences and complexities between each definition. The CPCU® 530 will try to trick you by asking about the minor differences between statutes and will even make up the name of a statute to try and trick you!
For more insight, see our blog about the CPCU® 530 Difficulty.
CPCU® 530 EXAM TOPICS
Below we are outlining some important CPCU® 530 exam topics. We recommend you master these topics before attempting the CPCU® 530 exam. This is our opinion of the topics that are important on your exam.
- Torts – we recommend you heavily focus on the torts section, in our opinion this is one of the most important topics of the CPCU® 530 content. Understand the duty of care process, negligence defenses, and types of torts.
- Business law – we highly recommend you master the topics of business law and employee law. Know the different types of business ownership, duties of a corporation, employment laws, and discrimination laws. There are a lot of laws to memorize in this section.
- U.S. law – this is covered in the first section. This section is important because the concepts from section one will be referenced by all other chapters throughout the study material. Be sure to understand civil law, common law, the trial process, and the trial vocabulary.
Remember, there are over 600 definitions that you need to be familiar with for this exam, so make sure you memorize the important definitions. Below we are outlining some of the most important definitions. We recommend you memorize the following CPCU® 530 concepts:
- Civil law
- Common law
- Unilateral contract
- Voidable contract
- Last clear chance
- Ultra hazardous
- Apparent authority
- Insurance agent
- Employee at will
- Hostile takeover
For more info about the most important topics and definitions see our blog about the CPCU® 530 Exam Topics.
CPCU® 530 STUDY TIPS
1) Study each chapter: Treat each chapter like its own textbook. Read each chapter and memorize the definitions as you go, don’t wait until the end to go back through the definitions; you’ll be overwhelmed with the amount you need to memorize.
2) Make a study guide: Taking notes and making a personal study guide is a great way to improve your ability to recall information on the exam. Make sure your study guide is short and easy to quickly review; this will help you keep track of those minor details and creates a reference sheet for you to review rather than re-reading the textbook.
3) Practice, practice, practice: Take as many practice exam and quizzes as you possibly can. This will help you familiarize yourself with the CPCU® 530 question format and help you determine which topics you need to re-study. Once you go through a few practice quizzes and exams, return to your notes and review any section that you failed.
CPCU® 530 VIDEO SERIES
Here’s all four videos to our CPCU® 530 video series, covering everything you need to know to prepare for your CPCU® 530 exam:
MORE CPCU® 530 RESOURCES
For more information about the CPCU® 530 exam, checkout some of our other free resources:
Remember, every CPCU® exam is different. No single exam is the same. Be sure to study ALL topics (not just our recommendation). This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Make sure to thoroughly study every topic of this exam.
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
CPCU® exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the CPCU® designation.
CPCU® and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.