CPCU® Conferment 2018 – San Diego, California
The 2018 CPCU® conferment will be held in San Diego, California October 13th – October 16th, 2018. The conferment will take place on Saturday, October 13th, the first day of the CPCU® Society’s annual meeting. The other three days of the annual meeting will consist of presentations from industry leaders.
What is the Conferment Ceremony?
The CPCU® conferment is a ceremony held each year to recognize new CPCU® graduates. This conferment is held on the first day of the CPCU® society’s annual meeting.
The CPCU® society’s annual meeting is a four-day conference; all CPCU’s® are invited to attend to listen to industry leaders present on pressing topics in the property casualty industry. This is a great opportunity to meet other CPCU’s® and learn from industry leaders.
Please note, AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or the CPCU® Society. AssociatePI is an independent company that is not endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to help you register for your conferment ceremony.
San Diego Details
The 2018 CPCU® conferment ceremony will be held in San Diego, California October 13th – October 16th, 2018 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego.
The conferment ceremony takes place at 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 13th, the first day of the CPCU® Society’s annual meeting. The other three days of the annual meeting will consist of presentations from industry leaders. You can check out the schedule and list of speakers for the 2018 annual meeting here.
Please note, AssociatePI is not affiliated with The CPCU® Society. The above links are intended for your informational purposes only, to help you attend your conferment ceremony.
2018 CPCU® Conferment Eligibility
To be recognized as part of the 2018 conferment class, you must:
- Pass all CPCU®exams by June 15, 2018
- Complete Ethics 312
- Have worked in the insurance industry for a minimum of 24 months
- Submit the Institutes online matriculation form by June 30 and pay the $75 fee. You can access the matriculation form by logging into your Institutes account, going to the “Learning resources” tab and clicking “CPCU®Matriculation”.
- Register with the CPCU®society and pay the 2018 dues (new CPCU’s® can register for half price)
- Register for the CPCU®society’s annual meeting, click here to register.
Getting to San Diego
You’ve still got plenty of time to pass all your CPCU® exams before June of 2018! Download a practice exam and get started studying, you’ll be on your way to the conferment ceremony in no time!
And remember, before you book ANYTHING, check with your employer. See if they will pay for you to attend the conferment ceremony. Most employers will pay for you and a plus 1 to attend the event; flight, hotel and all expenses included!
For assistance in registering for the conferment ceremony, check out our guide on how to register for the CPCU® conferment ceremony.
What to do in San Diego
Here are three things to do while visiting San Diego for the 2018 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony:
- Beaches – You must visit the San Diego beaches while you are in town. Coronado Beach and Windansea Beach are two of the best beach spots in the city.
- Balboa Park – Balboa Park is a must-see. As stated at Thrillist.com, “Balboa Park is San Diego’s answer to Central Park, with a zoo, museums, a concert hall, and miles of green grass. Less well-known are its hiking trails, which crisscross the park and even encompass a cactus garden, making urban explorers feel like they’re on a mountain rather than smack dab in the middle of a city.”
- Las Vegas – Las Vegas is about six hours away from San Diego. If you plan to expand your trip for a few extra days, I recommend renting a car and going to Vegas for a few days. If you do visit Las Vegas, I recommend checking out My Vegas Tips for some help in finding the best activities and attractions in Vegas.
Upcoming CPCU® Conferment Ceremonies
Not going to complete your CPCU® in time for the conferment ceremony? Not to worry! The CPCU® Society holds a conferment ceremony each year for new CPCU’s®. See where next year’s CPCU® Conferment Ceremony will be held:
- 2016 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2017 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2018 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2019 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
- 2020 CPCU® Conferment Ceremony
Free Practice Exam
Ready to get started studying? We’re here to help (for free). Download one of our free CPCU® practice exams to get a feel for the type of content you will be studying.
For more information about the CPCU® designation checkout some of our other free resources:
- CPCU® Designation Overview
- CPCU® Designation Salary
- CPCU® Cost
- CPCU® Exam Pass Rates
- CPCU® Cost Reducing Tips
CPCU® exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the CPCU® designation.
CPCU® and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.