API™ 28 EXAM
Everything you need to pass your exam.
CLICK HERE - JUMP TO TOPIC
FREE API™ 28 PRACTICE EXAM
With This Download You Get:
- Free Practice Exam - with questions formatted exactly like the real exam.
- Free Study Guide - ensuring you focus on the most important topics.
- Free Chapter - access to the entire chapter one of the course.
- 10 Steps To Pass - our 10 step process to study, focus on the most difficult topics, and pass.
- Other resources - free access to other resources including our breakdown of the most important topics and most difficult part of the exam.
API™ 28 STUDY MATERIAL
Full Course Includes:
- COMPLETE ONLINE COURSE - covers everything that will be on the API™ 28 exam. Designed for faster, easier studying. Completely online and downloadable as a PDF for those that would rather print a physical copy of the course.
- FILL IN THE BLANK STUDY GUIDE - designed to ensure you take notes on the most important topics.
- IMPORTANT TOPICS - a section for each chapter to review important topics and underwriting techniques, the most important aspect of the API™ 28 exam.
- 350+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS - quiz questions for each topic of the API™ 28 exam to ensure you grasp the main concepts.
- QUIZ EXPLANATION – detailed explanation about the correct answer for every quiz question.
- 2 COMPLETE PRACTICE EXAMS - 60 questions each, formatted exactly like the actual API™ 28 exam (with the same number of exam questions) to give you a "real exam" feel.
- API™ INSIGHT - course includes our insight detailing what to expect from each chapter on the API™ 28 exam, detailed answer explanation of each quiz question, and our personal email support to provide advice on any question or exam topic.
- MOBILE APP - download the AssociatePI mobile App and study on the go! Perfect for your commute to work.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - pass with our Comprehensive Course or your full money back, guaranteed.
- 99% SUCCESS RATE - we have helped thousands of students pass their API™ exams. In that time, only a few students have failed.
Don't need the full course?
Checkout our practice exam course! Includes all of the same practice questions as our full course. Click the button below to get started studying.
ABOUT API™ 28 EXAM
The API™ 28 exam is a 90-minute exam consisting of 55 multiple choice questions broken up into two sections, part A and part B.
- Part A: Concept questions – The first section of the exam will be approximately 44 concept questions. These questions will test your understanding of definition or topic. The multiple-choice answers will generally provide 2 or 3 partially correct answers and one “best” answer.
- Part B: Case questions – The second section of the exam will be approximately 11 case questions. These questions will require you to apply your knowledge to a specific scenario or event. You will be given a real life scenario; your job will be to select the best recommendation to solve the given scenario.
For more info about what to expect on the exam, see our blog about the API™ 28 Exam Overview.
API™ 28 DIFFICULTY
The API™ 28 exam questions are tough, these questions focus on the minor details and differences of the underwriting process and personal insurance product. It is extremely important that you memorize all of the underwriting techniques and details for each type of personal insurance product. This is the hardest part of the API™ 28 exam.
For more insight, see our blog about the API™ 28 Difficulty.
API™ 28 EXAM TOPICS
The API™ 28 exam covers the topics of personal insurance underwriting and marketing including underwriting for auto, homeowners, miscellaneous vehicles, umbrella, watercraft, and inland marine.
As you may have expected, a major focus of this exam is underwriting, in particular underwriting the homeowner’s policy, automobile, watercraft, and miscellaneous vehicles. Be sure to fully understand the underwriting considerations of each line of business. The API™ 28 exam will put you in the shoes of an underwriter, it will be your job to make an underwriting recommendation based on given scenario.
Below we are outlining some important API™ 28 exam topics. We recommend you master these topics before attempting the API™ 28 exam. This is our opinion of the topics that are important on your exam.
- Personal insurance marketing – focus on the topics of underwriter marketing roles, distribution systems, and distribution channels.
- Underwriting introduction – focus on the topics of loss exposures and loss hazards.
- Personal auto policy – focus on the topics of liability underwriting considerations and physical damage underwriting considerations.
- Homeowner underwriting – focus on the topics of property underwriting, property loss exposures, and homeowner liability.
- Miscellaneous auto – focus on the types of automobile, auto coverages, and underwriting considerations of the automobile.
- Watercraft – focus on the coverage options for watercrafts (Small boat, yacht policies, etc) and the underwriting considerations of a watercraft and watercraft operator.
For more info about the most important topics see our blog about the API™ 28 Exam Topics.
API™ 28 STUDY TIPS
1) Read the book/online course or attend a API™ class! This is by far the most important tip. These API™ exams are tricky and the exam questions will relate to very minute details from your API™ course or book. Skimming through the course will not cut it, you must read EVERYTHING. Even reading it just once will help you recall the information on your exam
2) Take notes. This doesn’t mean you should rewrite every single word from the API™ 28 course. Use shorthand and bullet points to quickly jot down the most important topics. This will help you better retain the information for easier recall on the test and will give you a “study guide” to refer back to (rather than rereading the text!)
3) Practice, practice, practice. Take as many practice exam and quizzes as you possibly can. This will help you familiarize yourself with the API™ question format and help you determine which topics you need to re-study. Once you go through a few practice quizzes and exams, return to your notes from step 2 and review any section that you failed to comprehend on the practice exam.
For more information about the type of questions you will see on the exam see our blog about the API™ 28 Exam Questions.
API™ 28 VIDEO SERIES
Here’s all four videos to our API™ 28 four-part video series, covering everything you need to know to prepare for your API™ 28 exam:
MORE API™ 28 RESOURCES
For more information about the API™ 28 exam, checkout some of our other free resources:
Remember, every API™ exam is different. No single exam is the same. Be sure to study ALL topics (not just our recommendation). This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Make sure to thoroughly study every topic of this exam.
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
API™ exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the API™ designation.
CPCU® and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.