ARM™ 401 Passing Grade
The passing grade for the ARM™ 401 exam is 70%. This means you must answer 70% of the questions correctly to receive a passing grade on the ARM™ 401.
In this blog we will break down the passing grade and pass rate of the ARM™ 401 exam.
Please note, on average, AssociatePI posts a pass rate of 99% with our study program. You can see our ARM™ 401 course and pass rates here.
ARM™ 401 Passing Score (answer 35 correctly)
Since the ARM™ 401 exam is 50 questions long, this means you must answer 35 questions correctly (you can get 15 wrong) to earn a passing grade on the ARM™ 401.
ARM™ 401 Pass Rate
According to nationally published ARM™ pass rates, the ARM™ 401 is one of the harder exams published by The Institutes. The pass rate is typically around 75% or lower. This means, out of everyone that attempts the ARM™ 401 exam, 75% pass.
In terms of pass rate, this exam is more difficult than most CPCU® exams. In terms of pass rates, this exam is failed as often as the CPCU® 540 and CPCU® 500 (two of the most failed exams from The Institutes).
Compared to the other ARM™ exams, the ARM™ 401 is right in the middle in terms of pass rate. Though students often say that the ARM™ 401 is the hardest of the exams, simply because of the sheer amount of content that you need to memorize (lots of definitions and concepts).
How to Pass the ARM™ 401
The ARM™ 401 is a tough exam, but here are a couple of tips to make the entire process easier. If you focus and give yourself a little extra time you’ll have absolutely no problem at all passing the ARM™ 401 exam on the first attempt.
1) Give yourself extra time: I’m a strong proponent of studying 2 weeks per exam; you shouldn’t need much more than that. The ARM™ 401 is an exception to that rule. The ARM™ 401 covers a lot of content. The content is tedious, comprehensive, and tough to memorize. Plan ahead and give yourself a little more time for this exam, plan on 3-5 weeks of studying.
2) Make a cheat sheet: Make your own personal study guide and cheat sheet while you’re reading through the course. Taking notes and writing down the definitions may seem tedious but it will pay off in the end. I can’t stress enough that there’s a TON of content to memorize for the ARM™ 401 exam, you don’t want to be stuck reading and re-reading the entire course so be sure to take notes while reading through the course. This way you can refer back to your notes to study rather than re-reading the entire course.
3) Practice as much as possible: This tip is a bit obvious but it makes all the difference. Take as many practice exams as you possibly can, make sure you’re practicing with exam questions formatted similarly to the ARM™ 401 and while you practice do so WITHOUT looking at your cheat sheet. Treat your practice exam like the real exam; practice using real example questions and practice without the cheat sheet. You won’t be given a cheat sheet on the exam so make sure you’re practicing as if you’re taking the real exam without looking at the definitions in front of you.
Free Practice Exam
Ready to get started studying? We’re here to help (for free). Download our free ARM™ 401 practice exams to get a feel for the type of questions you will see on the exam.
For more information about the ARM™ 401 exam, check out some of our other free resources:
- ARM™ 401 Online Course
- ARM™ 401 Free Course
- ARM™ 401 exam difficulty
- ARM™ 401 exam questions
- ARM™ 401 important topics
- ARM™ 401 exam format
- ARM™ 401 flashcards
- ARM™ 401 passing grade
- ARM™ 401 Q&A
- ARM™ Designation Overview
- ARM™ Exam Pass Rates
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
ARM™ exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the ARM™ designation.
CPCU®, ARM™ and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the links throughout this article are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, AssociatePI will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
We only promote products or services that we have personally used and truly feel deliver value to our readers.
Please note that AssociatePI has not been given any free products, services, or perks by these companies in exchange for mentioning them in this article. The only consideration is in the form of affiliate commissions or compensation from select products or services that we have used and recommend.