ARM™ 400 EXAM
Everything you need to pass your exam.
CLICK HERE - JUMP TO TOPIC
FREE ARM™ 400 PRACTICE EXAM
With This Download You Get:
- Free Practice Exam - with questions formatted exactly like the real exam.
- Free Chapter - access to the entire chapter one of the course.
- 10 Steps To Pass - our 10 step process to study, focus on the most difficult topics, and pass.
- Other resources - free access to other resources including our breakdown of the most important topics and most difficult part of the exam.
ARM™ 400 STUDY MATERIAL
Unfortunately, at this time, AssociatePI does not offer an online course for the ARM™ 400 exam. It is a course we plan to add in the future. But I still want to help you pass your exam. The ARM™ 400 is a very challenging exam, which is why I only recommend this study material through the AB Training Center website.
It’s called the Burnham System and I highly recommend it. I’ve used the Burnham system for my exams, and a number of my colleges use this to pass all of their ARM™ exams. I love this study material for the following reasons:
- Quick studying – if you’ve been following AssociatePI, you know I want to pass my exams in two weeks or less. This program helps me do that (4 hours per week according to the program). It’s straight to the point, covering all important topics, with about 6 pages of content per chapter (easy to read and get through the course)
- Memorize important topics – the course contains a set of educational objectives and a definitions section outlining every definition from every chapter. This ties directly with The Institutes materials. It ensures you study the most important topics (as stated by The Institutes); this program gives you the answer to each educational objective. These are the topics that will likely be on the exam.
- Real exam questions – the course includes a 100+ question practice exam. They call this a “diagnostics” exam. Formatted like the real exam to give you real practice before you sit for the official exam. Each exam question includes a detailed answer explanation.
- Format (Print, Digital, and Audio) – I love the format. It comes in a print book, but you also get access to the PDF version and audio version. I love the audio version; I use it all the time on my commute to work. Makes studying much easier, I highly recommend listening through a couple times to memorize the content.
- 98.8% pass rate – according to this program, students pass with a 98.8% success rate.
- Money back guarantee – this program offers a money back guarantee. You'll pass your exam - or your money back.
ABOUT ARM™ 400 EXAM
The ARM™ 400 exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions broken up into two sections, part A and part B.
- Part A: Concept questions – The first section of the exam will be concept questions; these questions will test your understanding of a definition or topic. The multiple-choice answers will generally provide 2 or 3 partially correct answers and one “best” answer.
- Part B: Case questions – The second section of the exam will be case questions; these questions will require you to apply your knowledge to a specific scenario or event. You will be given a real-life scenario; your job will be to select the best recommendation to solve the given scenario.
The ARM™ 400 exam focuses on the topics of risk management. This exam is broken up into three parts:
- Part A – Risk and risk types
- Part B – Risk analysis and treatment
- Part C – Big data, financial risk, and monitoring risk
For more info about what to expect on the exam, see our blog about the ARM™ 400 Exam Overview.
ARM™ 400 DIFFICULTY
The hardest part of the ARM™ 400 will be memorizing every topic. There is a ton of information to digest and comprehend. Not only do you need to understand and memorize each topic, but you must comprehend the content to a high enough degree that you can apply the concepts in a real life scenario. You will see these concepts formatted as scenario questions on your exam. You must memorize each concept AND be able to apply the concept in a real life scenario on your exam.
For more insight, see our blog about the ARM™ 400 Difficulty.
ARM™ 400 EXAM TOPICS
The content varies widely, covering everything relating to risk management including the risk management process, types of risk (hazard risk, operational risk, and strategic risk), identifying risk, analyzing risk, treating risk, big data, and financial risk. This makes the exam difficult, because the content varies so widely you will see questions on your exam based on completely different and unrelated topics.
For more info about the most important topics see our blog about the ARM™ 400 Exam Topics.
ARM™ 400 STUDY TIPS
A lot of students fail the ARM™ 400 because there is just too much content on the exam. It is too much information to memorize all at one time.
One tip that we’ve seen a lot of students apply to help pass the ARM™ 400 exam is to break the exam into three parts and take the ARM™ 400 in segments.
The ARM™ 400 exam is broken up into three parts. ARM™ 400 Part A, ARM™ 400 Part B, and ARM™ 400 Part C. The testing center allows you to take each of these segments as individual exams.
You can choose to take the ARM™ 400 as one exam, or take three separate exams and take each “part” separately. We see a lot of students take each segment separately; this helps to break up the exam and allows for easier studying. When you break up the ARM™ 400 into three segments it allows you to study 3-4 chapters at a time, memorize a small chunk of the content, then pass that segment before you move onto the next segment and memorize another 3-4 chapters to pass the next exam.
For example, we see a lot of students study ARM™ 400 Part A first. Part A covers the types of risk and risk management guidelines. Students master the chapters of Part A (about 4 chapters) and then pass the Part A exam. Then, they move onto ARM™ 400 Part B. Part B covers risk identification, risk analysis, and risk treatment. The student then masters these few chapters, passes ARM™ 400 Part B, and moves on to Part C. Once you pass all three parts (Part A, Part B, and Part C) you will have officially completed the ARM™ 400 exam. It is the exact same as if you took all three parts at once.
Personally, I took the whole exam in one go. I did not personally break the exam into three parts. That being said, we see lots of students do this. It is a great way to break the exam into smaller manageable chunks, making it much easier to digest the large amount of content to pass one part of the exam at a time.
For more information about the type of questions you will see on the exam see our blog about the ARM™ 400 Exam Questions.
MORE ARM™ 400 RESOURCES
For more information about the ARM™ 400 exam, checkout some of our other free resources:
- ARM™ 400 exam questions
- ARM™ 400 exam format
- ARM™ 400 exam difficulty
- ARM™ 400 flash cards
- ARM™ 400 passing grade
- ARM™ 400 Q&A
- ARM™ Designation Overview
- ARM™ Exam Pass Rates
Remember, every ARM™ exam is different. No single exam is the same. Be sure to study ALL topics (not just our recommendation). This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Make sure to thoroughly study every topic of this exam.
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
ARM™ exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the ARM™ designation.
CPCU® and ARM™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email [email protected].