ARM™ 400 Exam: Most Important Topics
The ARM™ 400 is a difficult exam. In this blog, we are breaking down the most important topics of the ARM™ 400 exam (so you know what to study).
We will detail exactly what you should focus on when studying to pass this exam. The information in this blog post comes directly from our ARM™ 400 Online Course.
ARM™ 400 Exam Topics
The ARM™ 400 exam is all about risk. This exam covers the following topics:
- Risk concepts
- Risk management technology
- Risk environment
- Risk governance
- Risk data management
- Internal controls
ARM™ 400 Most Important Topics
In our opinion, there are three critically important topics that you need to know to pass the ARM™ 400 exam:
- Risk technology – Enterprise-Wide Risk Management (ERM) and how it utilizes technology and smart products to mitigate risk. This includes blockchain, cloud storage, artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), robotics, sensors, and smartphones. Understand how these technologies can be applied to a real industry or real scenario to mitigate risk.
- Risk measurements – Understand the methods of quantitatively measuring risk including KPIs (leading and lagging), CSFs, and KRIs. Understand how to read and apply these measures in a real scenario.
- Risk employees – understand the roles, responsibilities, and risk departments including the risk champion, chief risk officer (CRO), CEO, board of directors, and risk committee.
- Risk laws – understand the various risk laws, standards, and regulations such as the Dodd-Frank Act, Solvency II, Basel III, COSO, IIA, ISO 9000 Series, and the UK Corporate Governance Code.
We have found that these are important topics that may be on your exam in the form of a scenario-based question.
You can see an example of how these are worked into a scenario-based question in our ARM™ 400 Practice Exam Questions Blog.
Free Practice Exam
Ready to get started studying? We’re here to help (for free). Download our free ARM™ 400 practice exams to get a feel for the type of questions you will see on the exam.
For more information about the ARM™ 400 exam, checkout some of our other free resources:
- ARM™ 400 Online Course
- ARM™ 400 Free Course
- ARM™ 400 exam difficulty
- ARM™ 400 most important topics
- ARM™ 400 exam questions
- ARM™ 400 exam format
- ARM™ 400 flashcards
- ARM™ 400 passing grade
- ARM™ 400 Q&A
- ARM™ Designation Overview
- ARM™ Exam Pass Rates
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
ARM™ exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the ARM™ designation.
CPCU®, ARM™ and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email email@example.com.