AINS™ 103 Passing Grade
The passing grade for the AINS™ 103 exam is 70%. This means you must answer 70% of the questions correctly to receive a passing grade on the AINS™ 103.
In this blog we will breakdown the passing grade and pass rate of the AINS™ 103 exam. I’ve personally had success studying for this exam because of this study material from AB Training Center, the pass rate using this study material is 98%, which is why this is the only study material I recommend for the AINS™ 103.
AINS™ 103 Passing Score (answer 60 correctly)
Since the AINS™ 103 exam is 85 questions long, this means you must answer 60 questions correctly (you can get 25 wrong) to earn a passing grade on the AINS™ 103.
AINS™ 103 Pass Rate
According to nationally published AINS®pass rates, the AINS™ 103 is the hardest AINS™ exam.
As of this past testing window, the pass rate of the AINS™ 103 is 71%. This means, out of everyone that attempts the AINS™ 103 exam, only 71% pass. The pass rate is updated every six months, we historically see that the pass rate is around 73% or lower (usually lower than 73%).
How to Pass the AINS™ 103
The AINS™ 103 is a tough exam, but here are a couple tips to make the entire process easier. If you focus and give yourself a little extra time you’ll have absolutely no problem at all passing the AINS™ 103 exam on the first attempt.
1) Study each chapter: Treat each chapter like its own textbook. Read each chapter and memorize the main topics. Don’t wait until the end to memorize the definitions and most important topics. You will be overwhelmed.
2) Make a study guide: Taking notes and making a personal study guide is a great way to improve your ability to recall information on the exam. Make sure your study guide is short and easy to quickly review; this will help you keep track of those minor details and creates a reference sheet for you to review rather than re-reading the textbook.
3) Practice, practice, practice: Take as many practice exam and quizzes as you possibly can. This will help you familiarize yourself with the AINS™ question format and help you determine which topics you need to re-study. Once you go through a few practice quizzes and exams, return to your notes and review any section that you failed.
Free Practice Exam
Ready to get started studying? We’re here to help (for free). Download our free AINS™ 103 practice exams to get a feel for the type of questions you will see on the exam.
Download: Free Practice Exam (CPCU® | API™ | ARM™)
For more information about the AINS™ 103 exam, checkout some of our other free resources:
- AINS™ 103 exam questions
- AINS™ 103 exam format
- AINS™ 103 exam difficulty
- AINS™ 103 flash cards
- AINS™ 103 passing grade
- AINS™ 103 Q&A
- AINS™ Designation Overview
- AINS™ Exam Pass Rates
Difficulty rank, importance rank, and the advice provided in this resource are solely the opinion of AssociatePI. This resource is intended to provide you with a general idea of where your focus should be. Each exam administered by The Institutes is different. AssociatePI is not affiliated with The Institutes or involved in the exam writing process. Please be sure to thoroughly study every chapter and every topic of this course.
AINS™ exams are administered by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI does not administer the actual exams, we are an independent resource of free content, advice, and study material for professional insurance education. This blog is intended for informational purposes only, to inform prospective students of the benefit of the AINS™ designation.
AINS™, ARM™ and API™ are trademarks of the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (“The Institutes”). AssociatePI LLC is not affiliated with, associated with, endorsed by or otherwise supported or recognized by The Institutes in any way. AssociatePI LLC is not authorized by The Institutes to offer courses, practice examinations, or any other resources related to the Institutes’ designations or other programs.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the links throughout this article are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, AssociatePI will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase.
We only promote products or services that we have personally used and truly feel deliver value to our readers.
Please note that AssociatePI has not been given any free products, services, or perks by these companies in exchange for mentioning them in this article. The only consideration is in the form of affiliate commissions or compensation from select products or services that we have used and recommend.