ASSOCIATEPI - ABOUT US
CPCU®, API™, and ARM™ STUDY MATERIAL.
Helping you earn your CPCU®, API™, AND ARM™ insurance designations.
Study with less stress. With an online course that simplifies the difficulttopics, helping you easily navigate the overwhelming content to comprehend the complex concepts.
At AssociatePI, we believe continuous learning should be pursued by all individuals of the insurance industry. Our goal is to provide you with the best study material possible for you to better grasp a full understanding of all personal insurance subjects to help you complete The Institutes’ Associate in Personal Insurance Designation (API™) and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter Designation (CPCU®).
AssociatePI’s mission is to deliver the best in quality personal insurance training material at a competitive price in order to develop a continuous learning and advancing insurance environment. Our expectation is to be a leader in personal insurance education as we look to continuously develop insurance professionals in order to provide insurance customers with the most experienced and developed professionals which are exemplary in representing their employer and the insurance industry as a whole.
I’m Jake. I’m the founder of AssociatePI. I was unhappy with the traditional study material available for the CPCU® exams so I set out and created my own. I gathered a group of CPCU® designees that I’ve met over the years from working in the insurance industry and attending CPCU® events. Together, we developed our proprietary online courses that actually prepare you for the exam and help you remember what you’ve studied.
AssociatePI was founded by myself, Jake Lang, in 2014. The company started as a side project while I was studying for the CPCU® with a few associates. It all started because I was not satisfied with the textbooks, finding that there was way too much fluff content and the practice exams were very poorly constructed and did not help to prepare me for the type of questions that were actually on the exam.
At the time, I did not intend to create a company. I was simply providing practice exams and notes for free online and helping other CPCU® students by publishing exam reviews based on my personal experiences; but that quickly snowballed into something bigger. I personally took on the project to bring AssociatePI large scale and we’ve now been in business selling our courses and publishing new content since 2014, growing along the way and now having personally helped over 5,000 students pass their CPCU® exams.
AssociatePI is owned and managed by CPCU® designees. Our courses and practice exams are written by CPCU® designees that have passed their exams and earned their designation.
We have been in your shoes. We know how difficult these exams are. We know how overwhelming it is to study and memorize the hundreds of pages of complex insurance topics. That’s why we designed our online course that simplifies the studying process, helping you better prepare to pass your exam with less stress and less studying.
We write our online courses to simplify the studying process, conveying the topics in simple terms and plain English. We make it easy to read, comprehend, and consume the abundance of complex content.
Stop struggling. It’s time to study with less stress. With an online course that simplifies the difficult CPCU® topics, helping you easily navigate the overwhelming content to comprehend the complex concepts and pass in less time with less studying. Course benefits include:
- EASY TO READ. EASY TO COMPREHEND – No more long drawn out overwhelming textbooks. We write our online courses to simplify the studying process, conveying the topics in simple terms and plain English.
- FULLY PREPARED TO PASS – Fully prepare to pass the exam. No more struggling to recall information when taking your exam, no more forgetting the minor details, and no more uneasy feelings of unpreparedness when you sit for the exam.
- PASS YOUR EXAM (99% PASS RATE) – No more stress. You are going to pass. Thousands have used the AssociatePI program to pass their exams, with a 99% exam pass rate (compared to the industry average 70% pass rate).
- STUDY FASTER (PASS IN JUST TWO WEEKS) – Stop wasting your time. You no longer need to study for 8 weeks to pass your exam (the industry recommended study time).
- BY CPCU® DESIGNEES FOR CPCU® STUDENTS – AssociatePI is owned and managed by CPCU® designees. Our courses and practice exams are written by CPCU® designees that have passed their exams and earned their designation.
- MOBILE. PRINTABLE – Your online course is completely online, mobile compatible, printable, and available as an app. Suitable for any studying style.
What Makes Our Courses Different
The major benefit of our online course is that each section and question was handcrafted by a CPCU® expert that has passed their exam, meaning we know exactly which topics are important and how the questions are formatted. By replicating the questions as closely as possible to the actual exam, we give our course and practice exams a “real exam” feel, helping our users better prepare for their exam.
Our online courses, practice exams, and resources have been used by thousands of personal and commercial insurance employees. We’ve personally helped thousands complete their CPCU® designation and most even come back to help us improve our courses after they pass!
For more information about the CPCU®, ARM™, and API™ designation. Checkout our other free resources:
The CPCU® or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter designation is the premier designation in the property casualty insurance industry. This insurance designation is held by only about 4% of the insurance industry and covers a wide array of insurance topics including property insurance, auto insurance, liability insurance, insurance law, risk management and personal insurance operations.
The API™ or Associate in Personal Insurance designation is an associate level designation which is highly regarded in the personal insurance industry. This insurance designation focuses on the core topics of personal insurance such as personal lines business, underwriting, marketing, profitability and portfolio management.
We record detailed video breakdowns of every exam. I highly recommend you watch each of these videos. Each of the video series provides a great overview of what to expect on the exam. You will be fully prepared and fully understand what to expect on the exam if you watch each of these videos.
We have a slide series for each exam. In these slides, we break the exams into very simple topics covering everything you need to know. We take you step by step through each exam, making it easy to understand the main topics and providing advice along the way. I highly recommend you download each of these slides. In these slides, I provide new details, practice questions, and insight that I have not previously provided in our free blogs. Each slide presentation is quick and to the point (about 10 – 15 slides per presentation).
The Institutes' Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®)
The CPCU® designation is considered the premier designation in the property and casualty industry and is held by only about 4% of the industry. This program focuses on a wide range of insurance topics, from risk management principles to complex policy and coverage analysis.
CPCU® designation courses include
- CPCU® 500—Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU® 520—Insurance Operations
- CPCU® 530—Business Law for Insurance Professionals
- CPCU® 540—Finance and Accounting for Insurance Professionals
- CPCU® 551—Commercial Property Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU® 552—Commercial Liability Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU® 553—Survey of Personal Insurance and Financial Planning
- CPCU® 555—Personal Risk Management and Property-Casualty Insurance
- CPCU® 556—Financial Planning
- CPCU® 557—Survey of Commercial Insurance
- CPCU® 560—Financial Services Institutions
- Elective course
- Enhance your career like over 69,000 CPCUs before you!
- 90% of CPCUs believe that earning their CPCU® prepared them for their long-term career goals.
- Put your career on the fast track.
- 85% of CPCUs say that earning the CPCU® designation accelerated their careers.
- Gain access to a network dedicated to helping you succeed.
- 85% of CPCUs say that earning the CPCU® designation accelerated their careers.
- 74% of CPCU® Society members value the opportunities to engage with industry experts that being a member gives them.
The Institutes' Associate in Personal Insurance (API™)
The API™ is an associate level designation which is highly regarded in the personal insurance industry. This insurance designation focuses on the core topics of personal insurance such as personal lines business, under writing, marketing, profitability and portfolio management.
The API™ program consists of three exams:
- API™ 28 — Personal Insurance: Underwriting and Marketing Practices
- CPCU® 555 — Personal Risk Management and Property-Casualty Insurance
- CPCU® 556 — Financial Planning
- API™ 29—Personal Insurance: Portfolio Management
- Gain the technical knowledge you need to succeed.
- 93% of Institutes designees feel that they gained valuable technical property-casualty knowledge.
- Be ready when that promotion opens up.
- 83% of Institutes designees think that earning a designation prepared them for their long-term career goals.
- Trust the program your colleagues recommend.
- 93% of Institutes designation completers recommend The Institutes’ courses.
Special Thanks To Our Partners
Pomsky Owners Association - thank you for sharing your resources and web design advice. Pomsky Owners Association is a great resources about the Pomsky dog breed, including some of their recent posts such as Pomsky training, tips to finding a Pomsky breeder, and advice on the size of a full grown adult Pomsky.
The Entrepreneur Ride Along – special thanks to the entrepreneurial community over at The Entrepreneur Ride Along. For new entrepreneurs we recommend referring to the list of niches (20 online business ideas for beginners), niche site ideas blog, and the best resource for beginners: 10 small profitable business ideas (for beginners).
Agile Exam Academy and the PMI-ACP® Practice Exam Questions for assistance with online courses and shared resources.
Pellet Stove Home - for sharing marketing resources and industry insights into the dangers of pellets stoves and pipes. See more here.
All These Photos - for sharing resources regarding print on demand educational services.